Accounting Software Test bexio vs. Xero: Which is the best solution for your business?
The Swiss market leader for cloud-based accounting software has numerous bank integrations (including UBS, Credit Suisse, ZKB, Raiffeisen, etc.) and Swissdec-certified payroll accounting.
- Domicile: Rapperswil
- Shareholder: SCHWEIZERISCHE MOBILIAR
- Share Capital: CHF 617’542
- Pricing: CHF 29 to CHF 99
- Userbase: approx. 50k
- Number of employees: 100+
- Domicile: Neuseeland
- Subsidiaries: u.a. USA, UK, Singapore, Hong Kong
- Listed on the Australian Stock Exchange
- Pricing: USD 25 to USD 54
- Userbase: approx. 3 Mio.
- Number of employees: 3000+
bexio vs. Xero Software Comparison
- Connection to various Swiss banks
- Payment export via bank interface or pain.001/XML
- Creation of ESR and QR invoices
- Mapping of Swiss value added tax
- Web-based Swissdec-certified payroll accounting
- Easy to understand and intuitive, also suitable for accounting beginners
- Customisation of documents via Google Fonts, etc.
- Available in four languages (DE, IT, FR, EN)
- Data is stored in a Swiss computer centre
- Integrations with Stripe, Harvest, Paypal, Revolut, Wise, etc.
- Tracking Categories / Tagging (cost centres)
- Bulk processing in bank reconciliation
- Foreign currency compatibility
- “Bank Rules” (automatic account allocation by means of filters)
- Mass mutation of postings by means of “Find and Recode”
- Budget Manager, Budget Variance Report
- Extensive reports and Google Sheet export
- Import of (bank) transactions via CSV, e.g. useful for credit cards
- No cost centres
- Limited reports and reporting
- No specific functions for accountants
- No bulk processing in bank reconciliation
- Limited foreign currency functionality
- Lack of integration with Swiss banks
- No pain.001/XML download, no QR/ESR functionality
- No Swiss payroll accounting integrated
- Computing centre abroad (Amazon AWS)
- Only available in English
Both bexio and Xero have dashboards that give you a simple overview of your company’s key performance indicators after logging in.
Both tools offer the “bank reconciliation” function, which reconciles bank transactions with existing debtors and creditors. This solution saves time and you as a customer keep track of everything.
Invoices to customers can be created in a short time with both tools and sent to customers via the software. Xero also makes it possible to automate the sending of invoices, e.g. monthly.